Who am I?

My photo
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mock interview!!

Assalamualaikum wbt.

20 December 2010.. Today in BeST programme we had a mock interview session. We had been divided into two groups. The first group was being interviewed by Mr Abdullah and another group with Mr Farouk and I'm in the second group. There about total of 37 interviewees for each group. I'm the 15th person on the list and got interviewed after the lunch break..

From what I've known and based on my past experiences, it is a compulsary to know if not much, a bit on the background of the company you'll get interviewed and the job requirement and responsibilties of the applied position. Get a review back on the resume submitted to them as they might asked you a question on the background based on the info given in the resume. Get to know yourself first and make sure to know your strength that can be used to sell yourself to the company. If you'll get asked on the weaknesses that you had, try to make it look in postive ways.

And the most important thing is to appear as the best of yourself during the interview. Always remember that there is no second chance for first impression. Try not to look too nervous and always smile to show that you interested in the conversation and eager to get the position. At first, I really nervous that I start shivering (imagined that it was a real interview although it just a mock one..LOL) but once I sat down and try to smile, I obtained my strength and confidence and Alhamdulillah, the interview went smoothly. I've got some comment from Mr Farouk where he told me that I'm a bit to fast in my speaking. Insyaallah, I'll improve on it and hopefully I can do much better in the future interviews.

Wassalam.    

No comments:

Post a Comment